Michelle's Freefrom Celeriac, Spinach and Anchovy Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
Delicious hot or chilled.
- 4 large canned anchovies, chopped small
- 2 tbsp oil from the anchovy can, or 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g /10 oz celeriac, trimmed and cut into large dice
- 200g / 7 oz spinach leaves, ideally ‘fully grown’ rather than baby spinach leaves as they have more flavour
- 1250ml / 2 pints gluten and wheat free vegetable stock
- freshly ground black pepper
- Very gently fry the chopped anchovies in the oil until they have virtually disintegrated.
- Add the celeriac, spinach and stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes then puree in a food processor.
- You should not need any salt but you might like to add a little black pepper.
- Serve hot or chilled.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: