Freefrom Leek, Rice and Cos Lettuce Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
Cos lettuce has a distinct flavour and retains its texture really well when you cook it. This soup was surprisingly delicious!
- 1 heaped tbsp coconut oil (you could also use 3 tbsp olive oil but the coconut oil does give the soup a very special flavour)
- 1 large leek, finely sliced
- 2 large stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp wholegrain brown rice
- 1.5 litres gluten and wheat-free vegetable stock
- 8–10 leaves of cost letter chopped fairly roughly
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sweat the leek and celery in coconut oil for 15–20 minutes or until they are totally soft.
- Add the rice, stir well and then add the stock.
- Bring back to the boil and then simmer for a further 20 minutes.
- Add the lettuce and continue to simmer for a further 5 minutes then season to taste and serve.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: