Michelle's Freefrom Chilled Carrot Soup with Nori
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
An unusual and amazingly healthy chilled soup for a summer evening – with a real whiff of the sea!
- 2 medium onions
- 750g / 1lb 11oz young carrots
- 1.8 litres / 61fl oz gluten and wheat free vegetable stock
- 15 leaves dried nori (or other dried Japanese seaweed
if you cannot get nori)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Peel and slice the onions roughly.
- Trim and scrape the carrot and cut in thick slices.
- Put both in a pan with the stock, bring to the boil and simmer, covered, for 25–30 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- Purée in a food processor then return to the pan or a bowl.
- With scissors cut the nori into very thin strips and stir into the soup while it is still warm.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper then chill.
- Before serving, adjust seasoning again as it may need a little more when chilled.
Serves 6 – per portion
70cals – 2.7g protein
1g total fat – 0.1g sat / 0g mono / 0g poly
13g carbohydrate of which 11g sugar
5g fibre – 208mg sodium / 0.5g salt
Good Source of: Vitamin A & B6
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: