Freefrom Carrot and Spinach Soup
Corn, egg, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be gluten & soya free
Yet another really simple soup made unusual by the addition of the very lightly cooked young spinach leaves.
- 2 large leeks, cleaned and sliced thinly
- 500g / 1lb 2oz carrots, scrubbed and sliced thickly
- 700ml / 24fl oz soya or oat milk
- 500ml / 17fl oz water or gluten/wheat-free vegetable stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g / 5 oz fresh baby spinach leaves
- Put the leeks in a large pan with the carrots, soya or oat milk and the stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the carrots are quite soft.
- Purée in a food processor, return to the pan and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- When you are ready to serve the soup, reheat it.
- Chop the spinach leaves, add them to the soup and cook very briefly so that they barely wilt in the soup.
- Serve at once.
Serves 6 - per portion
82cals - 5g protein
2.5g total fat - 0.4g sat / 0.4g mono / 1.7g poly
10g carbohydrate of which 8g sugar
4g fibre - 136mg sodium / 0.3g salt
Good Source of: Vitamins A,, B1, B6, C & folate
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: