Michelle's Freefrom Chilled Celeriac and Mint Soup
Corn, egg, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be lactose, milk, gluten & soya free
A delicious delicate and creamy soup for a summer evening; the fresh herbs prevent it tasting too rich or cloying.
- 500g / 1lb 2oz trimmed celeriac root
- 1 large leek
- 1.2 litres / 40fl oz wheat and gluten-free vegetable stock
- 220ml / 7fl oz cow’s, goat’s, soya or oat cream, depending on what you can eat
- sea salt and white pepper
- handful of fresh chives, chopped
- 6 sprigs young, fresh mint
- Cut the celeriac into large dice and trim and slice the leek thickly.
- Put both into a pan with the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 20–30 minutes or until the celeriac is quite soft.
- Purée in a food processor.
- Return to the pan or a bowl and allow to cool.
- Add the cream and season to taste with salt and pepper, then chill.
- When ready to serve adjust the seasoning if it needs it then serve in bowls sprinkled with the chopped chives and decorated with the top of the sprig of mint.
Serves 6 – per portion
88cals – 2.6g protein
5.4g total fat – 1.1g sat / 0.5g mono / 0.1g poly
6.6g carbohydrate of which 5g sugar
176mg sodium / 0.44g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: