Michelle's Freefrom Celeriac, Sprout and Chestnut Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
Warming and filling for a cold winter night.
- 2 large courgettes (zucchini), topped, tailed and grated
- ½ medium celeriac, peeled and diced
- 115g / 4oz Brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 sharp cooking apple, cored and diced
- 2 heaped tsp grated nutmeg
- 1.5litres / 50fl oz gluten/wheat-free vegetable stock
- 170g / 6 oz shelled roast chestnuts or 140g / 5oz dried chestnuts
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 25g / 1 oz pine nuts and a handful chopped parsley to decorate
- Put the courgettes (zucchini), celeriac, sprouts, apple, nutmeg and 1 litre / 30fl oz of the stock in a large pan.
- Cover, bring to the boil and simmer for 20–30 minutes or until the celeriac is cooked.
- In a separate pan, bring the chestnuts to the simmer in the remaining stock and simmer for 20 minutes or until they are soft and have absorbed much of the stock.
- Turn them into the main pot of soup.
- Purée in a food processor then return to the pan, season to taste and reheat.
- Serve in individual bowls decorated with a few pine nuts and a little chopped parsley.
Serves 6 – per portion
123cals – 4.5g protein
4.5g total fat – 0.4g sat / 1g mono / 2g poly
17g carbohydrate of which 8g sugar
7g fibre – 220mg sodium / 0.5g salt
Good Source of: Vitamin B1, B6, C & folate
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: