Michelle's Freefrom Celeriac and Butternut Squash Soup
Corn, egg, lactose, milk, nightshade, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be gluten, nut & soya free
A very simple soup which does taste beautifully freshly of the vegetables.
- ½ a medium sized celeriac, trimmed and diced
- ½ a medium size butternut squash, peeled, pipped and diced
- 2 leeks, trimmed and chopped roughly
- 500ml / 15fl oz oat, soya, hemp or nut milk – which ever you can tolerate
- 900ml / 30floz gluten and wheat free vegetable stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- generous handful of pine nuts (optional)
- Put the celeriac, squash and leeks into a pan with the oat milk and stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are totally soft.
- Purée in a food processor and season to taste with sea salt.
- Serve with a good grind of black pepper.
- The soup is also excellent with a teapoon of pine nuts mixed into each bowl as you serve it.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: