Freefrom Celeriac and Watercress Soup
Corn, egg, lactose, milk, nightshade, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free; can be gluten & nut free
This soup can lean either way... If you really like the celeriac flavour, just use the watercress stalks in the soup (version 1), if you like it more watercressy, chop one of the bunches of leaves into the soup (version 2), if you want it really watercressy, purée both of the bunches of watercress with the celeriac, just reserving a few leaves to decorate (version 3).
- approx 500g / 1lb 2oz piece of trimmed celeriac root
- 2 bunches of watercress
- 1 litre / 34fl oz gluten/wheat-free vegetable stock
- 500ml / 17fl oz almond or hazelnut milk – or oat milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the celeriac in large pieces.
- Cut the stalks off the watercress, chop and add to the celeriac.
- Add the stock, cover the pot, bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until the celeriac is cooked.
- Then just purée the celeriac and stalks (version 1) or the celeriac and most of the watercress leaves (version 3).
- For version 2, purée the celeriac and stalks and then add one bunch of hand-chopped leaves.
- Whichever the version, add the almond, hazelnut or oat milk and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- The soup can be served hot or col but if you are serving it hot, take care not to boil it when reheating.
Serves 6 – per portion
62cals – 3.5g protein
1.5g total fat – 0.2g sat / 0g mono / 0.1g poly
9g carbohydrate of which 6g sugar
5g fibre – 217mg sodium / 0.5g salt
Good Source of: Vitamin C & folate
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: