Michelle's Freefrom Celery and Anchovy Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
A simple soup which is warming if the weather feels autumnal, but not too heavy. The anchovies give it a lovely flavour without being identifiably ‘fishy’.
- 3 medium leeks
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 50g / 2 oz tins (cans) anchovies
- 1 head celery
- 1.2 litres / 40 fl oz of water or gluten/wheat-free vegetable stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Trim and slice the leeks very thinly.
- In a heavy pan fry the leeks in the oil.
- Chop the anchovies very small and add to the leeks.
- Continue to fry gently while you wash, trim and chop the celery into small pieces.
- Cover and sweat together for 30-45 minutes or until they are very well cooked.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for a further 30-45 minutes.
- Season to taste with sea salt (although you should not need much because of the anchovies) and freshly ground black pepper.
Serves 6 - per portion
106cals - 6g protein
8g total fat - 1g sat / 5g mono / 1g poly
3g carbohydrate of which 2.5g sugar
2g fibre - 769mg sodium / 1.9 salt
Good Source of: Vitamins B12
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: