Freefrom Courgette (Zucchini) and Watercress Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
Only cooking the watercress stems and not the leaves gives a lovely fresh flavour to this soup. You can serve it either hot or cold.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large or 2 medium leeks, finely sliced
- 2 medium or 4 small courgettes (zucchini), grated (shredded)
- 2 bunches watercress
- 1 large parsnip, scrubbed and diced
- 1.5 litres / 50fl oz gluten and wheat free vegetable stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the leeks and the courgettes (zucchini).
- Break the stems off the watercress and add the stems to the pot.
- Sweat gently with the lid on for 15–20 minutes.
- Add the parsnip and the stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer, covered, for a further 30 minutes or until the parsnip is quite soft.
- Reserve a few watercress leaves to decorate then purée the soup with the fresh watercress leaves.
- Return to the pot and season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve hot or cold.
Serves 6 – per portion
83cals – 3g protein
4.8g total fat – 0.7g sat / 2.8g mono / 0.6g poly
6.8g carbohydrate of which 4.5g sugar
3.5g fibre – 145mg sodium / 0.4g salt
Good Source of: Vitamin B1, B6 & C
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: