Freefrom Cream of Celery Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be soya free
The rice gives this soup and slightly fuller, more interesting texture.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 sticks celery, chopped very small
- 1 small leek, sliced thinly
- 1 medium courgette (zucchini), grated (shredded)
- 500ml / 17fl oz gluten and wheat free vegetable stock
- 50g / 2 oz long grain rice
- 150ml / 5fl oz oat or soya cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 25g / 1 oz pine nuts (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a deep, heavy pan and add 4 of the sticks of celery, the leek and the courgette (zucchini).
- Cover the pan and sweat very gently for 45 minutes.
- Add the stock and the rice, cover the pan and cook for a further 30 minutes or until the rice is totally soft.
- Purée the soup in a food processor.
- Return to the pan, add the cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- You can serve the soup as it is, or with extra celery and pine nuts.
- For the latter, briskly fry the remaining pieces of celery and the pine nuts in the remaining tablespoon of oil but take care that they do not burn.
- Serve the soup hot, sprinkled with the celery pieces and pine nuts.
Serves 4 – per portion
Calories 231 Kcals
16g Fat (2.5g Sat fat,5g mono, 3g poly)
15g Carbohydrate of which 3g Sugar
1.5g Fibre, 288mg Sodium, 0.7g salt
Good Source: Vitamin B1
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: