Freefrom Curried Squash Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
This is a lovely creamy, warming soup - even though it does not contain any cream! If you want it to be spicier, you can use some gluten/wheat-free curry paste once the soup is cooked to ‘spice it up’ a bit more. Just add soup little by little to a teaspoon of curry paste in a small bowl then stir into the soup.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large leek, finely sliced
- 3-6 heaped tspn medium heat gluten/wheat-free curry
powder depending on how hot you want your soup
- 1 medium size butternut squash
- 1 litre / 34fl oz gluten/wheat-free vegetable stock
- sea salt
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan, add the leeks and the curry powder and cook gently, stirring regularly, for 10-15 minutes or until the leeks are soft.
- Peel the squash and remove the seeds.
- Cut in cubes and add to the leeks.
- Continue to cook for a further few minutes then add the stock.
- Bring to the boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Purée the soup in a food processor and season to taste before serving.
Serves 6 - per portion
163cals - 9g protein
9g total fat - 1.5g sat / 5g mono / 1g poly
15g carbohydrate of which 8g sugar
3g fibre - 340mg sodium / 0.9g salt
Good Source of: Vitamin A,B6
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: