Freefrom Leek and Courgette Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, milk, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be lactose & soya free
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium leeks, sliced finely
- 2 medium green (sweet) peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 2 heaped tsp ground ginger
- 4 largish courgettes (zucchini), wiped and sliced
- 1.25 litres / 40fl oz wheat/gluten-free vegetable stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- grated parmesan, goat, sheep or soya cheese
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan and add the leeks, peppers and ginger.
- Cook for a minute or two together then cover the pan and sweat over a low heat for at least 30 minutes or until both vegetables are totally soft.
- Add the courgettes (zucchini), cover and sweat for a further 20 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring back to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Purée in a food processor, return to the pan and season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- To serve, reheat and serve the soup in bowls with a little of whichever cheese you can tolerate grated over with some extra black pepper.
Serves 6 - per portion
80cals - 3g protein
4g total fat - 2.7g sat / 6.7g mono / 0.7g poly
6.5g carbohydrate of which 5g sugar
4g fibre - 109mg sodium / 0.2g salt
Good Source of: Vitamins B6 & C
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: