Freefrom Leek, Rice Noodle and Anchovy Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
A nice light, simple soup to have before a heavy meal.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 anchovies in olive or sunflower oil + 2 tbsp of oil from the anchovy tin
- 5–6 medium leeks, depending on size, trimmed and sliced thinly
- 2 litres / 3 pints gluten and wheat free vegetable stock
- 60g / 2 ½ oz rice noodles, roughly broken
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- small handful of fresh chives or 2 spring onions
- Heat the oils in a heavy pan.
- Chop the anchovies and add them along with the leeks.
- Cook very gently, covered, for 15–20 minutes or until very soft.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for another 10 minutes, then add the noodles and cook for a further 5–8 minutes or until the noodles are cooked.
- Season to taste then serve sprinkled with a few chopped chives or spring onions.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: