Freefrom Leek, Rice and Lemon Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
A very simple but deliciously fresh soup. It should taste very lemony...
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium leeks, very finely sliced
- 1 litre/ 4¼ cups gluten and wheat free vegetable stock
- 3 heaped tbsp wholegrain rice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- juice 1–2 lemons
- small bunch each of fresh parsley and fresh chives, chopped fine
- Heat the oil in heavy pan and add the leeks.
- Sweat gently, lid on, for 20–30 minutes or until they are totally soft.
- Add the stock, the rice and a little seasoning, bring to the boil and simmer gently, covered, for 30–45 minutes or until the rice is totally soft.
- Add the lemon juice (it should taste very lemony) and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Just before serving, add the chopped parsley and chives.
Serves 4 – per portion
14g Fat (2g Sat fat, 8g mono, 1.5g poly)
17g Carbohydrate of which 3g Sugar
3g Fibre, 506g Sodium, 1.2g salt
Good Source – Vit B1, Folic Acid
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: