Michelle's Freefrom Cream of Mushroom Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
A simple, creamy and very mushroomy soup.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium leek, sliced finely
- 500g / 1lb 2oz chestnut mushrooms, chopped very small but not puréed
- juice 2 large lemons
- 1 litre / 34fl oz gluten and wheat-free vegetable stock
- 200ml / 7fl oz oat, soya or goat cream depending what you can eat
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- several sprigs of fresh dill weed (optional)
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan and fry the leek gently for 4–5 minutes or until it is starting to soften.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to sweat gently, covered, for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and the stock, bring to the boil and simmer, covered for another 10–15 minutes.
- Remove a couple of tablespoons of the mushroom bits with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Purée the rest of the soup in the food processor – how much will depend on how smooth or ‘bitty’ you like your soup.
- Return to the pan, add the cream and season to taste, then return the extra bits of mushroom to the soup for texture.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped fresh dill if you can get it.
Serves 4 – per portion
Calories 224 Kcals
17g Fat (3.3g Sat fat, 6g mono, 1g poly)
7g Carbohydrate of which 4g Sugar
2.5g Fibre, 527g Sodium, 1.3g salt
Good Source: Vitamin B1, B6
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: