Freefrom Red Cabbage, Red Onion and Beetroot Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be nut or soya free
Dark and tasty.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small red onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 heaped tsp coriander seeds, lightly crushed
- 1 heaped tsp fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 1 small–medium beetroot, scrubbed and grated
- ¼ red cabbage, finely sliced
- 900ml / 30fl oz gluten and wheat free vegetable stock
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tsp sheep, goat or soya plain yogurt
- Heat the oil in a deep and pan and add the onion and seeds.
- Fry gently for 5 minutes or until the onion is starting to soften.
- Add the beetroot and cabbage, then the stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer covered for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are quite cooked.
- Season to taste.
- Serves with a small dollop of yogurt in the middle of each bowl.
Serves 4 – per portion
Calories 109 Kcals
5g Fat (1g Sat fat, 2g mono, 3g poly)
9g Carbohydrate of which 7g Sugar
2g Fibre, 466mg Sodium, 1,1g salt
Good Source: Vitamin C
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: