Michelle's Freefrom Sweet Potato, Squash and Ginger Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
A real winter soup for ginger nuts. It looks warming – and is, as a result of all the ginger! Incidentally, the roll in the picture is a Genius, gluten and dairy-free brown roll.
- 1 kilo / 2lb 3oz of mixed peeled sweet potato and peeled and pipped
- butternut squash – the proportions will depend on which vegetable you prefer
- 60g / 2 oz peeled fresh ginger root, cut in thin slivers
- 1.3 litres / 44fl oz wheat and gluten-free vegetable stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the vegetables in a large pan with the ginger and stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer, covered for 30-40 minutes or until they are totally soft.
- Purée in a food processor, return to the pan and season to taste before serving.
Serves 6 – per portion
Calories 152 Kcals
2.2g Fat (0.5g Sat fat, 0.2g mono, 0.1g poly)
27.5g Carbohydrate of which 9g Sugar
3.5g Fibre, 471g Sodium, 1.2g salt
Good Source: Vitamin C
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: