Freefrom Tomato Soup with Artichokes
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
A really easy soup that will be ready only minutes after you decide to make it!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 2 medium onions, chopped finely
- 2 x 400g tins / 14 oz cans of chopped tomatoes with their juice
- 600ml / 20fl oz water gluten/wheat-free chicken or vegetable stock
- 150ml / fl oz medium sherry (optional)
- 1 tsp Worcester sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 x 400g can of artichoke hearts, drained
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and fry the garlic and onion till they are soft but not browned.
- Add the tomatoes, stir well and then add the stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, then add the sherry, if you are using it, the Worcester sauce and seasoning to taste.
- Drain the artichoke hearts thoroughly and chop quite small.
- Add to the soup and continue to simmer gently for a minute or two to allow the flavours to amalgamate.
- Serve at once.
Serves 6 - per portion
115cals - 3g protein
4g total fat - 0.5g sat / 2.7g mono / 0.3g poly
10g carbohydrate of which 7g sugar
116mg sodium / 0.3g salt
Good source of: Vitamin A
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: