Freefrom Cherry Tomato and Potato Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
A delicate soup which tastes equally good hot or cold.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 young leeks, trimmed and sliced finely
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 450g / 1lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 500g / 1lb 2oz old potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 1.2 litres / 40fl oz gluten/wheat-free vegetable stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 spring onions (scallions), chopped small
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan and add the leeks, garlic and tomatoes.
- Sauté gently for 5 minutes then cover the pan, reduce the heat and sweat for 30 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and the stock, bring to the simmer for a further 20 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Remove from the heat and purée in a liquidiser or food processor.
- Return to the pan and season to taste.
- Serve the soup hot or chilled, scattering the spring onions over each serving.
Serves 6 – per portion
150cals – 4g protein
6.5g total fat – 1g sat / 4g mono / 1g poly
20g carbohydrate of which 6g sugar
4g fibre – 118mg sodium / 0.3g salt
Good Source of: Vitamin B1 & B6
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: