Freefrom Very Green Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
You can make this soup with whatever choice of green leaves you fancy. We found that roughly 50% spinach, 30% lettuce and 20% watercress made an excellent mixture.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed and chopped
- 400g / 14 oz celeriac, peeled and diced
- 1.75 litres / 60fl oz gluten and wheat-free vegetable stock
- 400g / 14 oz mixed green leaves - we used 50% spinach, 30% lettuce and 20% watercress
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g / 3½ oz pine nuts
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan and add the leeks.
- Cook gently for around 10 minutes or until they are softening.
- Add the celeriac and the stock.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the celeriac is cooked.
- Add your selection of green leaves and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Turn into a food processor and purée.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a dry pan or under a grill until they are lightly tanned all over but not burnt.
- Serve hot or chilled, sprinkled with the pine nuts.
Serves 6 - per portion
200cals - 6g protein
16g total fat - 1.5g sat / 6g mono / 7.5g poly
7g carbohydrate of which 5g sugar
6g fibre - 263mg sodium / 0.7g salt
Good Source of: Vitamins B1, B6 & C, folate, zinc, copper, magnesium & iron
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: