Quinoa, courgette and carrot salad
Corn, gluten, dairy, nut, soya and wheat free
I have called this a salad but it would work well as a side dish with meat. Next time I eat it, I plan to plonk a poached egg on top!
80g quinoa, rinsed in plenty of cold water
6 sundried tomatoes in oil
1 lemon, zest and 1 tbsp juice
4 heaped tbsp pine kernels
1 tbsp capers, drained
1 large courgette, grated
1 large carrot, grated
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dijon mustard
2 large handfuls of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper
- Put the quinoa in a small saucepan and cover with 400ml of water.
- Bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is soft.
- Drain and chop the sundried tomatoes.
- In a large pan use 1 tbsp of the oil from the tomatoes to saute the tomatoes, lemon zest, pine kernels and capers for a few minutes until the kernels are beginning to colour.
- Add the courgette and the carrot and cook for a further few minutes to warm through.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and mustard.
- Add the quinoa, parsley and dressing to the large pan and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Back to more freefrom vegetable and vegetarian recipes
Back to Foods Matter freefrom recipes home