Freefrom Asparagus Rice-Noodle Stir Fry
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
I rarely create recipes which are dependent on one manufactured product just in case anyone is not able to actually buy the product – but in this case, we were so impressed by the convenience of the Amoy noodles, that I have broken our rule… Anyhow, they are longlife, so if you are able to find them you will be able to stash them away for future use.
- 12–15 thin stalks of asparagus (we used sprue), if you are using thicker stalks you will only need 6–8 – cut in half or thirds
- 1 tbsp coconut or stir fry oil
- 25g / 1oz knob of peeled fresh ginger, chopped small
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped small
- ½ yellow bell pepper, deseeded and sliced very thin
- handful of mange tout, trimmed and halved
- 2 x 150 packs of Amoy Ribbon rice noodles
- 2 tbsp sweet rice wine
- 1–2 tbsp wheat-free tamari
- 2–3 spring onions, sliced lengthways and cut into 3 pieces
- juice 1–2 limes
- Steam the asparagus over boiling water for 3–5 minutes – you want them to remain crunchy but to take the chewiness out of them.
- Heat the oil in a wok and gently cook the ginger, garlic and chilli along with the yellow pepper slices for 2– 3 minutes or until they are all starting to soften.
- Add the mange tout and the noodles which you will need to pull apart and break up slightly with your fingers.
- Add the rice wine and the tamari, stir around then cover the wok and cook briskly for 1 minute.
- Add the asparagus, mix gently so as not to break the asparagus, cook for a few more minutes then season with the lime juice and serve at once.
Serves 2 - per portion:
6.5g Fat ( 0.9g Sat fat, 4g mono, 0.7g poly)
031g Carbohydrate of which 8g Sugar
4g Fibre, 558mg Sodium, 1.4g salt
Good Source: Vit C, B6
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: