Freefrom Baked Parsnips with Roquefort
Corn, egg, gluten, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be lactose & soya free
Delicious as a starter or lunch dish – or for supper in front of the telly…
- 900g / 2 lbs parsnips, scrubbed and sliced into rounds
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100ml / ⅜ cup cream – goat, soya, oat or whatever you can tolerate
- 200g / 7 oz Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Steam the parsnips until soft to a knife but not mushy.
- Lay out half of the parsnips in an ovenproof casserole. Season lightly.
- Lay over the tomato slices, season lightly again then crumble about a third of the cheese over the tomatoes.
- Cover with the remaining parsnips.
- Pour over the cream, then crumble over the rest of the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes covered, then remove the cover and bake for a further 15 minutes uncovered to brown the top.
- Grate over some extra black pepper and serve at once.
Serves 4 – per portion
Good Source: Vit C, folate
25g Fat (12g Sat fat, 7g mono, 3.8g poly)
31g Carbohydrate of which 16g Sugar
11g Fibre, 494mg Sodium, 1.2g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: