Freefrom Baked Potatoes with Feta and Beef Tomatoes
Corn, egg, gluten, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be lactose & soya free
Simple and flavoursome – great as a vegetable or as a dish on its own.
- 2 large baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large beef tomatoes, sliced
- dried herbs de Provence
- 150g / 5 oz sheep’s milk or soya feta
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
- Cut the potatoes in thick slices and steam until they are just cooked.
- Pour the oil into the bottom of an ovenproof casserole and lay half the potatoes out in the bottom.
- Grind over some black pepper then cover with half of the tomatoes and sprinkle over a few of the herbs.
- Crumble the feta over the tomatoes, then lay over the remaining potatoes, covered by the remains of the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle over plenty of the herbs and grind over plenty of black pepper.
- Cover with a lid or foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the lid and brown the tops of the tomatoes under a grill before serving.
Serves 6 – per portion
112cals – 3.5g protein
3.5g total fat – 1g sat / 2g mono / 0.5g poly
17.5g carbohydrate of which 3.5g sugar
2g fibre – trace sodium / trace salt
Good Source of: Vitamin B6
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: