Freefrom Beetroot and Egg Salad
Corn, egg, gluten, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be lactose & soya free
Simple, tasty and colourful - good for lunch or a starter.
- 6 small-medium beetroots (beets)
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp plain goat’s, sheep or soya yogurt
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh green leaves - we used rocket
- juice ½ lemon
- handful of fresh dill
- Top and tail the beetroot, halve them and steam for 15- 20 minutes or until a knife goes in easily.
- Hard boil the eggs, cool and then shell.
- Arrange the green leaves around the outside of a serving dish.
- Slice the beetroot into fairly thin rounds - maximum 1 cm thick - and arrange the bigger slices around the outside, leaving the end pieces aside.
- Slice the hard boiled eggs and once again arrange the larger slices on the plate, reserving the smaller bits.
- In a bowl mix the yogurt with the lemon juice and season to taste.
- Chop the remaining bits of beetroot and egg and mix them into the yogurt.
- Pile into the middle of the dish and decorate with plenty of chopped dill.
Serves 6 - per portion
110cals - 9g protein
7g total fat - 2g sat / 3g mono / 30.8g poly
4g carbohydrate of which 3.5g sugar
1g fibre - 126mg sodium / 0.3 salt
Good Source of: Vitamins B12 & folate
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: