Carrots with ginger and cavolo nero
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
You can serve this as a vegetable or you could even serve it as a vegetable course or a starter on its own – if you are a carrot freak!!
serves 4–6 depending on whether are other vegetables
- 3 generous tbsp olive oil
- 8 large carrots, well scrubbed or scraped and cut in thin rounds
- I50–75g piece of ginger root (depending on how keen you are on ginger!), peeled and cut into fine matchsticks
- 10–12 young cavolo nero leave, stripped from their stalks an cut crossways into thin strips
- juice of 1 large or 2 small lemons
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan and add the carrots and ginger.
- Cover and stew gently for 10 minutes or until the carrots are half cooked.
- Add the cavolo nero and continue to stew, covered, fora further 10 minutes or until both are cooked but the carrots till retain some texture.
- Season to taste with the salt, pepper and lemon juice and serve warm or at room temperature.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: