Roast Aubergine and Chickpea Salad with Tahini Dressing
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut & wheat free
A simple salad that would be lovely with the addition of fresh parsley or coriander but works on it's own too. Cook the aubergine beforehand and store in a sealed container until you need it.
- 2 aubergines
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas
- 1 red onion, sliced finely
- 4 carrots, grated
- 75g tahini
- 1 tsp tamari wheat free soya sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp warm water
- Cut the aubergine into 1 cm slices.
- Spread out onto a baking sheet and brush each slice with oil.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and place under the grill for about 10 minutes.
- Turn the slices over and oil and season each slice.
- Grill for another 10 or so minutes until the slices are soft and browned.
- Set aside to cool.
- Drain the chickpeas and empty them into a bowl.
- Add the sliced onion and grated carrots.
- Cut the aubergine into chunks and add to the bowl.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and then stir as much as you like through the salad.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: