Roast Carrot Salad
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be soya free
Serve the salad warm or roast the vegetables in advance and serve at room temperature.
- 8 carrots, scrubbed
- 1 onion
- 6 tomatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 stems rosemary
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 80g (1 bag) salad leaves
- 100g goats cheese / smoked tofu cubes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / Gas 6.
- Chop the carrots into 2cm slices and put in a roasting tin.
- Cut the onion into chunks and cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Add both to the carrots.
- Pour over the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the rosemary leaves from the stems, chop quite finely and then add to the vegetables.
- Gently mix until everything is coated in the oil and then cook for about one hour.
- Toast the pine nuts and nigella seeds in a dry frying pan.
- Keep an eye on the pan as the seeds turn from toasted to burned quickly.
- You can mix the vegetables into the leaves or you can drain off the juices to dress the leaves and serve the vegetables on top.
- Scoop the cheese into small pieces and place around the salad.
- Sprinkle the seeds over the top to serve.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: