Roast Cucumber Side Salad
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
Roast cucumber is unexpected but very tasty. You could simply add it straight into any salad or add it to fancy sandwiches. This side salad would be a lovely side with fish.
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp plain unsweetened dairy free yogurt (I used coconut)
- 2 tsp capers, drained
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- large handful mint leaves, finely chopped
- large handful of pumpkin seeds, toasted
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Cut the cucumber in half and remove the seeds with a teaspoon.
- Slice the cucumber into slices about as thick as a pound coin (5mm).
- Put the cucumber slices on a baking tray and pour over the oil.
- Gently mix so that all the pieces are coated and put the tray in the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes and then set aside to cool.
- To toast the pumpkin seeds, heat gently in a dry frying pan until they start to pop.
- Once the cucumber is cool, stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Check the seasoning and serve.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: