Beetroot baked with ricotta
Low histamine, corn, egg, gluten, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free; can be cow's milk free
- 150g chard, washed and chopped roughly
- 50g coconut oil (or olive oil or butter)
- 3 largish beetroots, scrubbed and sliced in thin rounds
- 3 medium red onions, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 tsp coriander seeds, bruised
- 150g ricotta, sheep's milk or cow's milk
- sea salt andfreshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- handful chopped chives or fresh parsley
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
- Steam the chard until it is justwilted, then remove from the steamer.
- 'Butter' the base of an ovenproof casserole generously with the coconut or olive oil or butter.
- Lay one layer of beetroot (it should use approximately half the beetroot) in the bottom of the casserole and cover with the onions then sprinkle over the coriander seeds. Season generously with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread the steamed chard over the onions and then the ricotta over the chard.
- Cover the ricotta with a second layer of beetroot and season generously again.
- Cover the casserole tightly and bake for 50 minutes or until. the beetroot are cooked.
- Remove form the oven, sprinkle with chopped chives or parsley and serve at once.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: