Freefrom Banana, Apple and Oat Loaf
Corn, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
A very simple but filling and moist loaf.
- 125g / 4½ oz cooking apples (I used Bramley), cored and chopped small
- 3 tbsp water
- 100g / 3½ oz pale muscovado (raw) sugar
- 200g / 7 oz porridge oats (oatmeal), whizzed
in a food processor
- 1 heaped tsp gluten and wheat-free baking powder (baking soda)
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- juice ½ lemon
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Put the apple in a saucepan with the water, cover and cook gently until it turns to mush.
- Stir in the sugar and mix well.
- Stir in the oats and baking powder (baking soda).
- Purée the bananas in a food processor then add the eggs and whizz quickly to amalgamate.
- Mix into the oats (oatmeal) along with the lemon juice and stir well.
- Line a small loaf tin (loaf pan) with greased greaseproof paper (waxed paper) and pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack and eat either alone or with whatever kind of ‘butter’ you can tolerate.
Calories 1518 Kcals
30g Fat (7g Sat fat, 6g mono, 2g poly)
161g Carbohydrate of which 155g Sugar
18g Fibre, 797g Sodium, 2g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: