Freefrom Brown Loaf with Ground Almonds
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
This loaf needs time to rise, so don't rush it! It has a very slight and rather pleasantly sweet aftertaste thanks to the dark muscovado sugar and the almonds, which also help to keep it moist.
Makes 1 large loaf
- 100g / 4 oz buckwheat flour
- 100g / 4 oz gram flour
- 100g / 4 oz rice flour
- 50g / 2 oz ground almonds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 heaped tsp dark muscovado sugar
- 1 x 7g / ¼ oz sachet easy bake yeast
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 400ml / 14fl oz luke warm water
- Mix the flours, almonds salt, sugar, xanthan gum and yeast in the bowl of a mixer then beat in the olive oil and warm water.
- Continue to beat till you have a smooth dough.
- Turn the dough into a well greased loaf tin, smooth the top with a wet spoon, cover with cling film and prove for 30-45 minutes in an airing cupboard or a warming oven.
- Heat the oven to 200C/400f/Gas mark 6.
- Remove the clingfilm and bake for 45 minutes or until the bread sounds hollow when rapped.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool.
67g Fat ( 7g Sat fat, 44g mono, 11g poly)
228g Carbohydrate of which 16g Sugar
19g Fibre, 2018mg Sodium, 5g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: