Sandra Butler’s Freefrom Creamy Sheese Scones
Corn, egg, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame free; can be gluten & wheat free
Delicious cut in half and spread with dairy-free margarine or Creamy Sheese with Chives. Also lovely spread with Original Creamy Sheese or slices of Medium Cheddar Sheese.
Makes 8-10 scones
- 225g / 8 oz normal (all purpose) or gluten-free self-raising (self-rising) flour -
or half wholemeal & white flour
- 1 tsp of gluten/wheat-free baking powder (baking soda)
(2 tsps if you use wholemeal flour)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 75g / 2½ oz dairy-free margarine
- 85g / 3 oz Creamy Sheese (dairy-free cream cheese) with Chives
- freshly ground black pepper - optional
- 125ml / ½ cup plain soya milk
- 50g / 2 oz Cheddar and Chives hard Sheese (dairy-free hard cheese)
(to sprinkle on top of the scones)
- Optional: sesame seeds or poppy seeds for decoration
- Heat your oven to 180C/350F /Gas mark 4.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder (baking soda), paprika and salt into a
- Rub in margarine until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the Creamy Sheese with Chives.
- Add the soya milk and lightly mix into a soft dough (the less you handle the dough, the more it will rise).
- Roll out and cut into 8-10 circles.
- Glaze the top of the scones with soya milk (sprinkle the sesame seeds on at this point for decoration).
- Bake the scones for 10-15 in your pre-heated oven.
- Half way through baking take out the scones and sprinkle the Cheddar with Chives hard Sheese on top of the scones - put back in the oven and cook until the scones are golden.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: