FreeFrom Lemon and Poppyseed Loaf
Gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free
Loaf cakes are the informal member of the cake family - perfect for baking for yourself! I do find zesting lemons a bore but completely worth it for the lovely sharpness and flavour they give to this loaf.
- 175g dairy free spread
- 175g caster sugar
- 200g gluten free self-raising flour
- zest of 4 lemons
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbs poppy seeds
- 125g soya yogurt
- 100g icing sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- Heat oven to 180c / 160c fan / gas 4.
- Line a 900g loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Beat the dairy free spread and sugar together until pale and creamy.
- Add all the other ingredients and continue to beat until combined.
- Pour into the prepared tin and gently level.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is springy and a scewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin a bit before turning out , removing paper and cooling on a wire rack.
- To make icing, add the lemon juice a little at a time to the icing sugar to make sure it is not too runny. Do not pour icing over cake until it has cooled completely (unlike I did!) otherwise it will soak in.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: