FreeFrom Rose and Date Courgette Cake
Gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
A light moist fragrant cake.
- 2 medium courgettes, washed
- 160g soft brown sugar
- vegetable oil
- 100g almonds
- 3 eggs
- 100g dates, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp rose water
- ½ tsp gluten free baking powder
- 200g gluten free self-raising flour
- flakes almonds to decorate (optional)
- Heat oven to 180c / 160c fan / gas 4.
- Line a 20cm cake tin with baking parchment.
- Finely grate the courgettes, including the skin.
- Place in a sieve and press with a spoon to remove as much water as possible.
- Put the courgettes in a large bowl with all the other ingredients except the flour.
- Beat until well combined.
- Gently fold in the flour and pour into the prepared tin.
- Cook for 1 hour and check a skewer comes out clean. If not, leave in for another 5-10 minutes.
- Leave to cool slightly in the tin before turning out, removing paper and cooling on a wire rack.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: