Katherine's FreeFrom Banana Bread
Gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
Although it takes a while to cook, this loaf takes no time and little effort to make. It is really versatile – eat on it’s own, with jam, toasted or add choc chips and a little more sugar to make it more of a cake. Replace the walnuts and raisins if you fancy something else.
- 200g / 7 oz GF brown bread flour (I used Doves Farm)
- 90g / 3½ oz caster sugar
- 1 heaped teaspoon GF baking powder
- ½ tspn bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tspn ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 100ml / 3floz rice milk
- 50g / 2 oz walnuts
- 50g / 2 oz raisins
- Preheat oven to 180c / Gas 4. Line a 1lb (approx 16x11cm) loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into a mixing bowl.
- Whizz the eggs, bananas and rice milk together until smooth.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and beat together.
- Gently stir through the raisins and walnuts and pour the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Turn onto a wire cooling rack and ideally allow to cool before cutting if you are less greedy than me.
54g Fat (8.3g Sat fat, 12.2g mono, 25g poly)
307g Carbohydrate of which 176g Sugar
31g Fibre, 1386mg Sodium, 3.5g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: