Michelle's Freefrom Marmalade Cake
Gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
Since this is the season for Seville ‘marmalade’ oranges, we thought that we should have a marmalade cake!
- 300g / 10 ½ oz dairy-free spread (such as PURE)
- 150g / 5 ½ oz pale muscovado (raw) sugar
- 6 tbsp of your favourite marmalade
- 6 eggs
- 300g / 10 ½ oz gluten/wheat-free flour or 150g / 5oz each gram flour and rice flour
- 1 tsp gluten & wheat free baking powder (baking soda)
- 2 tbsp shelled hemp seeds or sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas mark 5.
- Beat the spread with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the marmalade and beat again.
- Add the eggs, one by one, with a spoonful of flour with each.
- Fold in the remains of the flour, the baking powder (baking soda) and seeds if you are using them.
- Spoon into a greased and lined 20cm cake tin ( 8" cake pan).
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until it is firm to the touch and a skewer comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool and if you are a real marmalade freak, spread more marmalade on top.
4790cals - 79g protein
309g total fat - 64g sat / 104g mono / 121g poly
454g carbohydrate of which 225g sugar
12g fibre - 2633mg sodium / 6.6g sal
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: