Michelle's Freefrom Pumpkin Cookies
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
Crisp and tasty.
- 50g / 2oz pumpkin seeds
- 80g / 3oz brown rice flour
- 80g / 3oz potato or cornflour
- 80g / 3oz cow or goat butter or dairy-free spread
- 50g / 2oz pale muscovado (raw) sugar
- grated rind 1 large lemon or orange
- Heat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas mark 3.
- In a food processor, chop the pumpkin seeds until they are partially chopped but not powdered.
- Dry fry in a pan or toast under a grill, making sure that they do not burn, until they are lightly tanned.
- Put all the other ingredients in a food processor and whizz until they are crumbed.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and whizz again.
- Press the mixture out, 1-2cm (½ - ¾") thick, in a baking tray (sheet) lined with greaseproof (waxed) paper and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cut into 12 squares and leave to cool in the baking tray.
- When cool, remove with a spatula and leave to get cold on a rack (cooling grid).
Makes 12 cookies - per cookie
137cals - 1.5g protein
7g total fat - 4g sat / 2g mono / 1g poly
16g carbohydrate of which 4g sugar
0.5g fibre - 55mg sodium / 0.1g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: