Michelle's Freefrom Buffalo Milk Rice Pudding
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free; can be lactose, milk and soya free
Real, slowly cooked rice pudding remains a delicious, if very old- fashioned, dessert. We made it with buffalo milk but it also works well with soya, goat, sheep, rice or coconut ‘milk’.
- 10g / ¼ oz butter or dairy-free spread
- 60g / 2 oz white Carolina or risotto rice
- 30g / 1 oz dark raisins
- 1 tbsp pale molasses sugar or agave syrup
- 800ml / 27fl oz buffalo (or other alternative) milk
- Heat the oven to 140C/275F/Gas mark 1.
- Use the butter or spread to grease an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle the rice into the bottom along with the raisins and sugar.
- Pour over the milk and carefully move to the oven.
- Cook very slowly – it may take up to 3 hours – stirring every half hour or so unless you like the pudding to form a nice skin on the top.
- Serve warm.
Serves 6 – per portion
160cals – 5g protein
7g total fat – 4g sat / 2g mono / 0.2g poly
20g carbohydrate of which 12g sugar
0.3g fibre – 70mg sodium / 0.17g salt
Good Source of: Vitamin B2, B612
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: