Michelle's Freefrom Chocolate Flapjack Mousse
Corn, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free; can be egg, lactose, milk,
Very rich - but very luscious!
- 50g / 2 oz rolled oats
- 30g / 1 oz pumpkin seeds
- 30g / 1 oz dairy-free spreed
- 1 tsp molasses
- 30g / 1 oz dairy-free dark (bittersweet) chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 60g / 2 oz soft muscovado (raw) sugar
- 120g / 4 oz dairy-free dark (bittersweet) chocolate
or - for egg-free version
- 80g / 3oz dairy-free dark (bittersweet) chocolate
- 100g / 3½ oz ricotta (cow, sheep or goat)
or soya cream cheese
- 15g / ½ oz pale muscovado (raw) sugar
- 100ml / 3½ fl oz double (heavy / whipping) cream (cow, sheep or soya)
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
- Whizz the oats and pumpkin seeds in a food processor till quite crumb-ey but not powdered.
- Melt the spread in a pan with the molasses and the chocolate.
- Add the oats and pumpkin seeds, mix well then spread on a baking tin (cookie sheet) in a circle and flatten out till quite thin.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and, with a small glass, mark out 6 rounds. Allow to cool to almost cold then carefully remove the circles and set aside.
- Separate the eggs and whisk the yolks with the sugar over hot water until thick and creamy.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate.
- Stir the melted chocolate into the whisked egg yolks.
- Whisk the egg whites into soft mounds and fold into the mixture.
- With a spoon and a spatula, top each flapjack round with mousse and spread it neatly over the top in a thick layer.
- Chill. Decorate to serve.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Mix the ricotta or cream cheese thoroughly and mix in the sugar and melted chocolate.
- Whisk the cream until it holds its shape in soft peaks and fold into the mixture.
- Top the flapjacks as above.
Serves 6 - per portion
485cals - 9g protein; 28g total fat - 15g sat / 8g mono / 2g poly
45g carbohydrate of which 43g sugar; 1.5g fibre; 104mg sodium / 0.26g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: