Michelle's Freefrom Chocolate Soufflés
Corn, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free
Very quick, very easy - and very impressive!
- 30g hazelnuts
- 6 eggs, separated
- 240g dairy-free dark chocolate - as good
quality as possible
- Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas mark 5.
- Grind the hazelnuts roughly in a food processor.
- Then toast lightly in the oven, under a grill or in a dry frying pan until they are tanned all over. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave or over hot water.
- Separate the eggs and stir the yolks into the melted chocoalte.
- Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks then fold into the yolks and chocolate.
- Pour or spoon the mixture into 6 large ramekin or other individual soufflé dishes.
- Sprinkle the top of each with the ground hazelnuts.
- Bake for 10 minutes - no more - and serve immediately.
- The outside should be crisp and cooked and the inside still runny.
Serves 6 - per soufflé
352cals - 14g protein
23g total fat - 9g sat / 10g mono / 2g poly
24g carbohydrate of which 23g sugar
1g fibre - 120mg sodium / 0.3g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: