Michelle's Freefrom Coffee and Coconut Ice Cream
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free; can be nut free
We used shots of espresso coffee from our local Costa but if you have a home espresso machine you can make your own. Without the sugar the ice cream has a quite ‘adult’ taste which you may not find sweet enough for ice cream. The flavour matures in the freezer so try to make it a bit ahead of time.
- 600ml / 20fl oz coconut milk
- 6 shots (approx 150ml) / 5fl oz espresso coffee
- 150ml / 5fl oz Tia Maria or other dairy-free coffee flavoured liqueur
- 1 heaped tbsp dark muscovado (raw) sugar (optional)
- 85g / 3oz pecan nuts (optional)
- Mix the coconut milk, coffee, liqueur and sugar, if you are using it, and put them into an ice cream maker.
- Churn/freeze until it has reached ‘slush’ texture then add the pecan nuts if you are using them.
- If you are serving the ice cream at once continue to churn freeze until it is frozen but not frozen hard.
- If you are not using it immediately continue to churn freeze until it is frozen but remember to take it out of the freezer and ‘defrost’ in the microwave for two minutes on ‘defrost’ or leave it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before you want to serve it.
Serves 6 - per portion
340cals - 4g protein
26g total fat - 16g sat / 5g mono / 3g poly
16g carbohydrate of which 11g sugar
0.5g fibre - 3mg sodium / 0.008g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: