Michelle's Freefrom Ginger Cream with Cobnuts
Corn, lactose, milk, nightshade, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be gluten, soya & nut free
This is a sort of creme brulée – without the brulée. I used the most delicious fresh cobnuts (a type of hazelnut) but if you were nut allergic you could substitute toasted sesame seeds, sunflower seeds or pine nuts.
- 500ml / 17fl oz oat or soya cream
- 100ml / 3½ fl oz ginger wine
- 4 egg yolks
- 3–4 pieces of stem ginger, sliced
and halved or quartered
- 1 tbsp chopped nuts or seeds, lightly toasted
- Heat the oven to 160C/300F/ Gas Mark 3.
- Gently heat the cream and the ginger wine in a pan till just below boiling.
- Remove from the heat.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl then beat in the heated cream.
- Arrange the ginger in the bottom of 4 sundae dishes then pour over the cream.
- Bake them in bain marie in the oven for 45 minutes or until they are just set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Just before serving sprinkle over the chopped nuts or seeds.
Serves 4 – per portion
Calories 341 Kcals
27g Fat (6g Sat fat, 3.5g mono, 1g poly)
14g Carbohydrate of which 10g Sugar
1g Fibre, trace Sodium, 0.1g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: