Michelle's Freefrom Glorious Gooseberry Gunge
Egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
This recipe started off to be an egg-free cake recipe, but although the flavour was delicious, the texture really did not work – so, I reduced the amount of flour and turned it into this really yummy gungy gooseberry pudding. Even gunge-ier and better when eaten with a freefrom ice cream or yogurt – in the picture it is the utterly to-die-for Coyo coconut yogurt!
- 300g fresh gooseberries, topped and tailed
- 1 generous tbsp agave syrup or Sweet Freedom
- juice ½ large lemon
- 50g green raisins (they do not have to be green but match the colour of the gooseberries better if they are!)
- 60g Doves Farm or other self-raising gluten and wheat-free flour
- 2 tsp gluten and wheat-free baking powder
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Whizz the raw gooseberries, briefly, in a food processor with the agave syrup or Sweet Freedom and the lemon juice – you want them to remain quite lumpy so only whiz for a matter of seconds.
- Turn into a bowl, stir in the raisins then fold in the flour with the baking powder.
- Spoon into an oven-proof baking dish and cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with freefrom ‘cream’, ‘ice cream’ or yogurt of your choice.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: