Michelle's Freefrom Hot Chocolate Flan
Corn, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free (depending on pastry ingredients)
This is very luscious but very quick to make. If you are doing it for a party you can make the chocolate filling, including folding in the egg whites, ahead of time and just leave it in the fridge. When you are ready to cook it, spoon the filling into the pastry case - and cook.
- 1 pre-baked gluten, wheat and dairy-free pastry case
- 100g / 3½ oz dark (bittersweet) dairy free chocolate
- 1 tsp agave or rice syrup or dark muscovado (raw) sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave or over hot water then stir in the syrup or sugar.
- Meanwhile, separate the eggs.
- Off the heat, stir the egg yolks into the chocolate mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites until they hold their shape in soft peaks.
- Stir approximately ⅓ of the whites into the chocolate mixture then fold in the rest.
- Spoon into the pastry case and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chocolate soufflé filling has risen and is firm.
- Serve at once.
Serves 6 - per portion
442cals - 11g protein
33g total fat - 14g sat / 13g mono / 3g poly
27g carbohydrate of which 14g sugar
2g fibre - 168mg sodium / 0.4g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: