Banana and Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, sesame, soya & wheat free
This is so simple but utterly delicious. The banana also tastes great on it's own or with some vanilla flavouring.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 heaped tsp peanut butter
- Peel the bananas and chop each one into 4-6 pieces.
- Place in a tub and freeze for a few hours.
- Remove from the freezer and whizz the chunks in a blender with the peanut butter.
- The peanut butter I used is quite liquid so you may need to loosen it with a little boiling water before you add it to the bananas.
- You can eat it straight away as a thick milk shake or you can pour it into an ice cream maker.
- Alternatively you can place the mixture back in the tub and freeze.
- I stirred every now and found the mixture behaved very well and didn't get icy.
- If you leave the ice cream until it is completetly frozen, move from the freezer to the fridge for 20 minutes and then for another 10 out of the fridge before serving.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: