Michelle's Freefrom Pancakes
Corn, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free; can be egg free
Gluten, dairy and egg-free pancakes are easy to make - and delicious! The pancakes also freeze well so it might be worth making a bigger batch of mix than you can actually eat on the night and make extra pancakes which can be interleaved with clingfilm (plastic wrap) or greaseproof (waxed) paper and then frozen.
- 100g / 3½ oz gram (chickpea) or gluten-free flour such as Doves Farm
- 200ml / 6½ fl oz water or milk
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Whizz the flour, salt, egg (if you are using it) and water or milk in a food processor then allow it to stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a pancake pan with a tiny dribble of oil.
- Pour one small ladleful of the mixture into the pan and cook quickly on both sides.
- The pancakes should be quite thin and you should get at least 8 out of the mixture.
- If they are to be eaten at once, serve them from the pan with sugar and lemon juice, jam (jelly) or whatever filling you fancy. If they are to be used for a later dish, stack them with a piece of clingfilm (plastic wrap) between each pancake, then freeze.
Serves 4 - per portion
131cals - 4g protein
5g total fat - 1g sat / 3g mono / 0.6g poly
19g carbohydrate of which 0.5g sugar
0.8g fibre - 22mg sodium / 0.05g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: