Michelle's Freefrom Peach Trifle
Gluten, milk, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be corn, lactose, nightshade & soya free
This is a very flexible dessert which will allow you to use up almost anything that is lying around in your store cupboard or you fruit bowl - but it still tastes yummy!
- enough gluten-free sponge cake to cover the bottom of a soufflé dish or 6 individual bowls - you can use the remains of a bought or home-made cake, 2 gluten-free muffins or whatever else your store cupboard offers
- 10 tbsp sherry, brandy or fruit juice of your choice
- 400ml / 13fl oz coconut, rice, soya, goat or sheep milk
- 40g / 1½ oz cornflour (cornstarch) or potato flour
- 2 large peaches, nectarines or other summer fruit
- Break the cake up in the bottom of a large soufflé dish or individual bowls and pour over 6 tablespoons of the sherry, brandy or fruit juice.
- Cover and leave to soak for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the cream by mixing some of the milk into the cornflour (cornstarch) or potato flour, then adding the rest and cooking gently, stirring all the time, until the sauce thickens.
- Add the remaining liqueur or fruit juice.
- Slice the peaches or whatever fruit you are using.
- Lay one layer of fruit over the sponge, then cover with the cream.
- Arrange the remaining fruit over the top in a pretty pattern and chill before serving.
Serves 6 - per portion
315cals - 6g protein
15g total fat - 11g sat / 1g mono / 1.5g poly
34g carbohydrate of which 10g sugar
1g fibre - 163mg sodium / 0.4g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: