Michelle's Freefrom Pears with Chocolate and Ginger Wine
Corn, egg, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be gluten, lactose, milk & soya free
A very simple dish to make - yet it does look, and taste, delicious
- 6 slightly under-ripe pears
- 200ml / 6½ fl oz ginger wine
- 120g / 4oz dairy-free dark (bittersweet) chocolate
- 8 tbsp plain Lactofree yogurt, or soya or oat cream
- Carefully peel the pears with a vegetable peeler and leave them whole.
- Sit them in the bottom of a saucepan and pour round the wine.
- Cover the pan and simmer very gently for 15–20 minutes or until the pears are cooked – how long will depend on how under-ripe they are.
- Meanwhile break the chocolate into small pieces into the Lactofree or cream and heat very slowly, stirring regularly, until the chocolate melts.
- Take off the heat.
- When the pears are cooked transfer them to a serving dish and carefully stir the ginger wine into the chocolate sauce.
- Allow to cool but not get cold.
- With a spoon, carefully pour/dribble some chocolate sauce over each pear so that it can drip down the sides and spoon the rest of the sauce into the bottom of the dish.
- Serve cold.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: